Monday, August 11, 2008

Top 10 Top 10 Lists Everyone Should Make: List #1

My friend Leslie posted this Top Ten lists of Top Ten lists a couple days ago and has been slowing posting each one. I was inspired by her posts (if not infuriated by her list choices) and decided to follow her lead.

Top 10 Albums to Take With You to a Desert Island

This was more difficult then I expected. Do you pick classics you know you won't get tired of? Or do you go with albums that have been instrumental in your own life? Do you pick a varied selection so you have something for every move? I basically went with all three strategies because I couldn't decide.

1. Joni Mitchell - Blue
2. The Beach Boys – Pet Sounds
3. Ben Folds - Ben Folds Live
4. Dixie Chicks – Wide Open Spaces
5. The Beatles – Revolver
6. Edith Piaf – Voice of the Sparrow
7. Trisha Yearwood – Songbook
8. Indigo Girls – Indigo Girls
9. Lauryn Hill – The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
10. Coldplay - Parachutes

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I fully support the choices that you have made and I hope your ears don't bleed too profusely after the 4 run of the dixie chicks. See? It's not that hard to be supportive! And I do love top 10 lists. I'm sort of stuck on list #3, it will be up by the end of the day but, yes, they are harder to do once you actual decide to do them.

Annie said...

Is Revolver really your favorite Beatles album? I mean it's an important album and I adore the Beatles, but listening to it forever?

And I'd like to know who you plan on booting off the list to put some James Taylor on here.