Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Busy Weekend

We had a very exciting Labor Day weekend. We went from one fun party to the next with lots of food, friends, and family in between. (I feel like food, friends, and family should be the name of this blog.)

First, we went to Mr. Luke Braboy's 2nd birthday party. The party was all about sports and we had to dress appropriately. There were lots of sports-themed food and games. Cookie cake was had, which really what else do you need to know if there is cookie cake involved. ;)






After the party, we drove to the lake and spent the night with the Skidmore crew (plus a few additions). We had s'mores by the fire that night and pancakes the next morning for breakfast.


On Sunday, we drove to Berea, Ky, for the wedding of my dear friends Amy Hille and Will Glasscock. I met Amy and Will while interning for Congressman Ben Chandler during the summer of 2005. I became very good friends with Amy over the years in DC and I couldn't be happier for both of them.


The wedding was pure magic. My favorite weddings are the most personal, where you see the bride and groom in every detail. I have to say this wedding was one of the best I've ever been to in that respect. I told Amy afterwards that I felt like, in a way, I knew them even better then I did before the wedding.


One of my favorite details was the dessert table. Amy had friends and family bake homemade pies for everyone to enjoy. Not only were they delicious, but I love that every bite was filled with love and well-wishes.



It truly was one of the most magical evenings and I felt like my heart was about to burst with happiness for them the entire night.

No comments: